I love my freezer.
Yep that's right, my freezer!!!
It is the key to my "I'm too tired to cook" winge.
Freezers are beautiful.
My freezer is full of things that I can pull out, defrost quickly and fill the dinner time plates to get full tummies in no time at all.
Last night I was exhausted and suffering from good old Monday-itis. The kids where tired and cranky, the neighbours kids who live just a meter away (fun) where tired and cranky, my dog was moppy and the washing had taken over the house. I could just not be bothered, plus I wanted to watch the spice girls on My Kitchen Rules, who didn't, so I left dinner up to the freezer.
Spaghetti! In a pot reheated, grated cheese and a fork = delicious. Thank you freezer.
Freezer meals are perfect.
6 Good freezer treasures to stash for "itis" days.
1. Spaghetti or pre cooked mince ready for lettuce cups, tacos, burritos. I always cook a big batch of mince/spaghetti and freeze half.
2. Your fave stew: chicken, beef, lamb. In mine you will find: butter chicken, korma, what we call pirate stew (a bit of everything in a yummy gravy sauce). These are perfect with some rice, buttered toast, or some puff pastry crisped in the oven over the reheated goodness. Again I cook a big batch and freeze half.
3. Sausages. Now I confess these are uncooked but they are so quick and easy to cook. Try them with a drizzle of: honey, soy and sesame oil or you could just serve with bread and sauce.
4. Bacon. Yep I freeze bacon in lots of 4 strips. Pull out straight in the fry pan and serve with scramble eggs, some spinach and sauce - yum! Breakfast for dinner goes down a treat.
5. Frozen chips. These are good. You can buy them or make them yourself and freeze. Into the oven and then drizzled with sauce or gravy and you have a very simple meal which the kids will love. We sometimes defrost that bacon and sprinkle sliced bacon strips with cheese over the top and it is amazing.
6. Ice-cream - ok not a meal but there is always ice-cream! :)
What "itis" food do you store in your freezer?